21-day trip to Namibia
- Leave Bushtrackers (Johannesburg) and travel the Trans Kalahari Highway to Kang.
- Stay in Kalahari Rest Camp in Kang and enjoy the camelthorn trees watching the sunset.
- Drive to Windhoek and have dinner at Joes Beer house to experience German food at its best.
- Enter Etosha at the fortified Namutoni Gate.
- The relaxed camp of Halali has waterhole and seating so you do not have to even drive! Etosha offers herds of springbok and the game viewing very reward in amongst the blinding white salt pans.
- Spend an evening at Okaukuejo viewing game at the spot lit water hole.
- Stop Outjo and have coffee at Outjo Café famous for its bakery.
- Mowani Mountain Camp has a select number of campsites. All beautiful with the required barbeque/braai area and views to take your breath away.
- Travel to the looming Brandberg Mountain. White Lady Lodge offers good views of the mountain turning a burnt orange in the sunset. Perhaps you are lucky enough to have the desert elephants walk past your tent. Twyfelfontein has interesting rock formations - burnt mountain, organ pipes and excellent rock paintings within a living museum. Twyfelfontein Lodge has campsites with fantastic views of the area.
- Spitzkoppe has excellent community run campsites. Camp in the shadow of the Spitzkoppe and marvel at mother nature.
- Spitzkoppe (cont.)
- Quaint Swakopmund offers much accommodation with beautiful German architecture, road names, food and have a chilly swim in the Atlantic Ocean. Stop at Solitaire bakery for Apple Strudel.
- Sossusvlei is world renowned for its photographic dunes. Stay at one of the many campsites in the area. Wake up early to see the beautiful sunrise with camera in hand. Climb big daddy and see dead tree island before the sun gets too high.
- See the desert horses on your way to Luderitz in the desert wasteland. Eat oysters in the fishing town of Luderitz. Wake up early to see the famous and well photographed desert town of Kolmanskop.
- Stop in Aus at the Bahnhof Hotel for coffee and cake on your way to the Fish River Canyon. View the impressive Fish River Canyon from the view point and stay at Hobas or at Canon Roadhouse with their restaurant decorated with vehicles and memorabilia
- Depart Namibia to Upington and enjoy the palm trees and greenery. Take a slight detour to Augrabies and view the Augrabies waterfall from the viewing decks whilst listening to the geckos at night. Overnight at Upington or Augrabies
Return to Bushtrackers in Johannesburg revitalised and already thinking of the next trip of Southern Africa.